The next week or so is going to be glorious – so get the BBQ out and make these legendary kebabs from Dishoom. You won’t regret it I promise!
The recipe is taken from their outstanding cookbook – ‘From Bombay With Love‘ which is fantastic and available to buy here…
Dishoom’s Chicken Tikka Kebabs
500g boneless chicken thighs with skin
For the marinade
– 30g fresh root ginger
– 10g garlic (2-3 cloves)
– 10g green chillies (about 2)
– 30ml rice vinegar
– 1 tsp chilli powder
– 1 tsp ground turmeric
– 1 half tsp fine sea salt
– 2 tsp granulated sugar
– 1 tbsp vegetable oil
To Grill & Serve
– 25g unsalted butter, melted
– Lime wedges
1. Cut each chicken thigh into 3 pieces and pat dry with kitchen paper. Place in a large bowl.
2. For the marinade, blitz the ingredients together in a blender or mini food processor to a smooth paste.
3. Spoon the marinade over the chicken pieces and turn them to coat. Cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 6-24 hours.
4. Take the marinated chicken out of the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. (If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them now.)
5. Heat the grill to high. Thread the marinated chicken onto skewers leaving enough space between the pieces for the heat to penetrate. Grill for 2-15 minutes, turning and basting regularly with the melted butter, until deep golden brown with some charring. Check that the chicken pieces are cooked through.
6. Let the cooked chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving, with lime wedges for squeezing.