Students can snap up exclusive discounts of up to 30% off at city centre stores and up to 50% off at restaurants and eateries at the event organised by Manchester BID (Manchester’s Business Improvement District) and Manchester Arndale.
From 4pm – 9pm, the city centre will come alive with entertainment including Capital Manchester DJs, the MCR Student Fair, pop-up stalls and games, plus lots of freebies and giveaways.
There are extensive shopping offers throughout the many stores dotted around the city centre, with most offering at least 20% discount to students. The list of places is massive so I’m not going to copy and paste it here – but know that it’s pretty much everyone.
- There are 50 goody bags up for grabs at Paperchase, but even if you do miss out it’s still worth dropping in for complimentary Malibu, a live DJ, in-store demos and 20% off.
- With free-flowing drinks, complimentary beauty treats, live DJ sets and 10% off with their rewards app make sure Harvey Nichols is on your MCR Student Social itinerary.
- From favourite names to their own branded products you won’t find anywhere else, you only need to spend £1 at Wilko in Manchester Arndale to claim your free goody bag.
- Stay ahead of the game with the latest kicks and clothing at Footasylum, pick up a goody bag from their Manchester Arndale store (while stocks last) and 20% off full price items.
- Paying a visit to Selfridges Exchange Square is an absolute must on student night – this year there’s complimentary treats aplenty plus 20% off selected departments.
- You’ll need to be quick but be one of the first 30 students to purchase at G-Star Raw on the night and you’ll receive a free gift. And you can enjoy some free refreshments and 20% off to boot.
- Stop off at Kiehls on King Street for a bit of complimentary R&R – prosecco, afternoon tea and hand & arm massages – and those spending over £50 will receive a goody bag.
- Head to popular menswear store Drome in Manchester Arndale for goody bags and 20% off.
- Plan your route wisely and make your first stop Hotel Chocolat where the first 25 students to make a purchase will get a free ice cream!
- Head to Molton Brown in St Ann’s Square for complimentary hand & arm massages, prosecco and most importantly, free goody bags!
On top of this, Selfridges Exchange Square will be hosting an evening of exclusive offers with discounts of up to 20% off selected departments plus complimentary treats and interactive experiences while at Harvey Nichols there’s live DJ sets, free-flowing drinks and complimentary beauty treats alongside 10% off with the Harvey Nichols Rewards App.
After hitting the shop floors, students can head for dinner and drinks at a range of bars and restaurants in Manchester Arndale and across the city centre. There’s 25% off at Yo Sushi, 25% off food and 2 for 1 cocktails at Grafene, 20% off your total bill at Gino D’Acampo and loads more.
As well as all of this you’ll also find Matt & Phreds taking the party out onto the streets with their Heavy Beat Brass Band, Crazy Pedro’s blasting out the Beer Pong, a Crystal Maze Live challenge and prizes and giveaways from Black Dog Ballroom.
Market Street will also be home to The Printworks’ bucket pong challenge, virtual reality with STA Travel’s campervan and free burgers from Almost Famous.
MCR Student Social
Tuesday 25th September, 4pm – 9pm
Manchester Arndale, Market Street, Exchange Square