If you only thought people made their own cheese in the old films with a churner, then mister you have been mistaken! You can do it yourself!
Combining her passion for cheese and teaching others new skills, mature cheese teacher Louise Talbot will be a mixture of a demonstration and hands-on workshop at her Cutting the Curd Cheese Making Classes.
And no, this isn’t just for those who fancy themselves chefs or experts in the kitchen or around the BBQ, this workshop and experience is for all levels, and Louise will cater for everyone’s needs!
What will I learn?
You’ll get the opportunity to make and learn how to put the squeak into Halloumi and squidge into mozzarella, plus watch a demonstration of mascarpone and butter being made – both to be sampled with a tasty lunch.
And the best part is that the focus on the session is teaching you how you can repeat the process in the comfort of your own home using raw farm or supermarket milk, vegetarian rennet and necessary kitchen equipment.
Cheese Making Workshop
Saturday 21st July, 14:30 – 19:30
Adults £95, Child £90
- Hands-on cheese making, you will make mozzarella and most importantly, how to put the squeak into Halloumi!
- Louise will also demo the art of mascarpone and butter making – which you will enjoy for lunch
- Tea or coffee on arrival and a glass of wine with a light lunch.
- Plenty of cheese to eat and take home and a head full of good intentions to make your own cheese!
- Further drinks available for purchase from our excellent wine list!